You want to get more clients and do more deals as a business broker?
Then you won’t want to miss the Georgia Association of Business Brokers’ Oct. 13 meeting, when the GABB will demonstrate the best practices for posting business listings and updating your profile. And you don’t even have to leave your office! The 10 a.m. meeting will be via Zoom;
Georgia Association of Business Brokers’ President Dean Burnette and Executive Director Diane Loupe will demonstrate how members can post a listing to the GABB website, and also how to update your personal profile. They and other board members will be on hand to answer any questions members or guests may have.
The Georgia Association of Business Brokers, or GABB, is the state’s premier organization devoted to buying and selling businesses and franchises, and operates the state’s only real estate school dedicated to business brokering. For more information about GABB, please email email@example.com, call or text 404-374-3990, or contact GABB president Dean Burnette at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 247-3209.Read More
Belonging to the GABB can be worth thousands of dollars if a member takes advantage of all the group’s benefits.
Among the benefits of belonging to GABB:
- A Georgia-based listing service, with hundreds of businesses and franchises for sale in Georgia and the Southeast.
- A portfolio of 30 legal forms drafted by GABB member attorneys that are specifically designed for business brokers, including listing support forms, business buyer forms, deal forms, letters of intent, due diligence checklists, and purchase and sale agreements. Hiring an attorney separately to draft all of these would cost thousands of dollars.
- Access to the online Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta’s award-winning source of business news. The subscription link includes unlimited access to news that grows business, advances careers and simplifies professional lives. Read local market intelligence, stay on-top of emerging business opportunities and connect to a powerful community of local executives.
- GABB forum: Communicate with all GABB business broker and professional affiliate members. Respond to queries from people seeking to hire a business broker, or find out about professional education. Learn how to subscribe to new forum posts.
- Professional Resources: GABB affiliate members include Georgia’s most experienced SBA lenders, business attorneys and financial resources.
To hear a presentation of how GABB members can access these features, please view a recording of our July 7 Zoom meeting.
Or review this PPT presentation.
For more information about GABB, please email email@example.com or call or text 404-374-3990, or contact GABB president Dean Burnette at firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 247-3209.Read More
Georgia Association of Business Brokers can now post business-for-sale listings on the new GABB website. But, as BizBuySell points out, it’s important to create a well-written online listing. You want to attract qualified buyers. According to BizBuySell’s latest demographic survey, business buyers tend to be college educated and earn over $100,000 per year. Buyers are more likely to respond to listings with these specific attributes, according to the website.
1. Specify a location.
Most buyers search for a business by state, many by a specific county. Confidential listings receive more views when they included a location.
2. The listing appears in their search category.
More than a third of prospective business buyers search in a specific category of business. You can improve that percentage by selecting two or more appropriate categories for your listing.
3. Include key financials.
Most buyers want to know the asking price, followedg by cash flow. Including these important financial details makes it easier for serious buyers to find your listing in a search and contact you.
4. A great headline.
“Profitable coffee shop in busy shopping mall,” and other headings with key details are better than “popular cafe.”
5. A well-written description.
A good description has all the essential facts, such as the business’s strengths and potential, number of employees, the owner’s reason for selling, and opportunities for expansion. Beware of exaggerations. A hyped-up listing will alienate serious buyers.
6. An attractive photo.
Even if you cannot use a photo of the actual business for confidentiality reasons, you should still post a stock photo. A good site to find generic, free stock photos is Pexels. The GABB administrator can also help you find photos. Buyers are more likely to notice listings with photos.
7. Seller financing!
Experienced business brokers know that financing is one obstacle in selling a business. So it’s a huge advantage if the owner is willing to carry part of the financing. Seller-financed businesses are more likely to sell than those that are not.
8. Broker contact details.
Your listing should include details on how to reach you easily. Every prospective buyer should receive a response from their inquiry within the first 24 hours. A slow response might mean you miss a qualified buyer.
The GABB website’s new listing feature is still undergoing improvements, so please let us know if you have suggestions for using this feature. To date, this feature is included in your GABB broker membership at no additional charge. For help with this feature, please contact GABB Executive Director Diane Loupe at email@example.com or GABB President Dean Burnette at 912-247-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More
- Private chat area for member brokers to ask questions and confidentially share information.
- A new and improved broker search tool that will enable visitors to search for member brokers by radius, specialty, and other filters.
- GABB members will be posting our listings to our own webpage, this will give us the ability to post more photos and info about our listings, it will also help with our longer-term goal of improving the SEO of our website among other benefits. We are working on methods to share those listings to BizBuySell and other websites.
- Visitors to our site will be able to find what they are looking for faster.
- The new design will be less labor intensive for GABB’s administrator and for each member to manage profiles and listings.
- Sponsors and affiliates will have better visibility in the new design.
Members will be able to view the proposed new website and ask questions of the website developer, Ron West, of Business Brokerage Press, who also hosts the GABB website. Ron will join us remotely.
Business Brokerage Press is the publisher of the text for Business Broker University Training, The Complete Guide To Business Brokerage and the industry standard guidebook for valuing businesses, the annual Business Reference Guide. BBP, through Ron’s knowledge and leadership in technology, also hosts and consults with many business broker Websites and IBBA Affiliate Websites through the DealStudio brand.
The GABB will meet at the Georgia Association of Realtors at 6065 Barfield Road, Sandy Springs, GA, 30328. The meeting will start at 10:30 a.m. preceded at 9:45 a.m. by a networking breakfast. The GAR headquarters building is a two-story building located in Sandy Springs near the intersection of Hammond Drive and Barfield Road.
The GABB is the state’s largest and oldest association of professionals who specialize in brokering the purchase and sale of businesses and franchises. Broker members help owners determine the asking price of their business, create marketing plans and strategies for selling their business, identify and qualify buyers, and have the knowledge, experience and skills needed to help maintain the confidential nature of the process. Affiliate members include bankers, lawyers, appraisers, insurers and other professionals who work closely with brokers to help owners and buyers get to the closing table.
For more information about GABB, please contact GABB President Dean Burnette at 912-247-3209 or email@example.com, or GABB Executive Director Diane Loupe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-374-3990.
One benefit of GABB membership is the ability to add your business for sale listings to the GABB website.
To do that, a GABB member has two options:
Option 1: Link an Existing BrokerWorks account, or
Option 2: Create a BrokerWorks Limited account just for viewing on GABB’s site. (Note! Option 2 will NOT display your listings or profile on the BizBuySell site. This option will, however, let you publish your listings to the GABB site.)
Step 1: The Broker should visit the following site to connect a profile to GABB:
Step 2: The broker should log in on the left (Existing) or right (New). (See graphic below)
- If you, the broker, have an existing BizBuySell BrokerWorks account, you should log into their BizBuySell account on the LEFT.
- If you do not have an existing BizBuySell BrokerWorks account, you should contact Diane Loupe at email@example.com to create a GABB profile for you. Please allow a few days, as she is a part-time employee.
- If you experience any problems, you may contact BizBuySell Client Services at (888) 777-9892.
Step 3-N NEW users without a BizBuySell BrokerWorks account: (Existing BrokerWorks Users skip to Step 3-E, below)
- The broker now completes a brief registration form.
- All fields are required unless otherwise noted.
- Once all fields have been completed, click ‘Complete Purchase’ button. Don’t worry, there is no charge for a BrokerWorks Limited account.
Step 4-N NEW users without a BizBuySell BrokerWorks account:
- You will now be given three choices
- If you have existing listings, click the first option
- To manage existing listings, click the second option
- To update your Broker profile, click the third option
Step 5-N NEW users without a BizBuySell BrokerWorks account:
- Once within BizBuySell’s BrokerWorks Dashboard, the broker can update their broker profile, add listings, update listings, etc.
- However, with this BrokerWorks Limited account, the listings and profile will only appear on the GABB web site.
- Additionally, to edit the broker profile or listings, you can simply log directly into the Biz BuySell web site, bizbuysell.com, to manage this information.
- If you experience any problems, you may contact BizBuySell Client Services at (888) 777-9892, or Diane Loupe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-374-3990.
PROCESS for EXISTING BrokerWorks Users, such as those who already have a BizBuySell account.
Step 3-E Existing BrokerWorks users:
- After login, the broker will be automatically connected to their BrokerWorks Dashboard.
- In the left navigation, choose Networking Tools then Listing Distribution.
Step 4-E Existing BrokerWorks users:
- Scroll down until you see GABB and select Manage.
Step 5-E Existing BrokerWorks users:
- Click on the “LOGIN NOW” button or the GABB Login link (in the Red Box in the upper right hand corner).
Step 6-E Existing BrokerWorks users: In the pop-up, log in with the GABB credentials provided by the GABB admin.
Note! If successfully connected after log in, the red box that had appeared in the upper right hand corner becomes green and says your account is now linked!
Step 7 : Updating your profile information!
- Go to Account Setting in the left navigation of BrokerWorks Dashboard and select “My Profile” to add a photo or other information for your Broker Profile.
- Go to My Listings in the left navigation of BrokerWorks Dashboard and select Add a Listing to begin adding listings to the directory.