Buy-Side Business Brokering: GABB Class April 27
Learn the fundamental skills a business broker needs to work with business buyers at the GABB’s April 27 class on Buy-Side Business Brokering.
Martin J. Rueter, Executive Vice President at Coldwell Banker Commercial Metro Brokers, will teach a class titled “Introduction to Buy-Side Business Brokering” from 9 a.m. until noon. The Georgia Real Estate Commission has approved the class #72873 through the Georgia Association of Business Brokers’ Real Estate School.
At the conclusion of this class, students should have better understanding of:
- The impact of small business on local and national economies
- Why most small businesses fail
- Financial and other considerations when evaluating a business
- Converting buyer inquiries into buying clients
- Qualifying and engaging prospective purchasers
- The Buyer Brokerage Agreement
- Assisting buyers in finding and evaluating a proposed business
- Presenting and negotiating offers (LOI)
- Managing financing, due diligence and other pre-closing activities
This class qualifies towards the GABB’s Board-Certified Broker program, a new certification designed by the GABB. The BCB program is the state’s only certification program for professional business brokers. The GABB operates a Real Estate School, license #8074 from the Georgia Real Estate Commission, specializing in training business brokers.
The class will be $49 for GABB members, and $75 for non-GABB members. If you want to register for the GABB’s Board-Certified Broker program, the class and BCB registration will be a total of $225, which includes the $195 BCB registration fee. The three-hour class will start at 9 a.m. and conclude at noon. After you have registered for the class, you will get the Zoom link to join the class. The GREC requires that you attend the entire class to receive credit towards renewing your real estate license. GABB requires that you pass an end-of-course test to receive credit.