GABB Donates Toys, Other Items To Foster Care Support Foundation
The Georgia Association of Business Brokers donated a carload of toys, diapers and other items to the Foster Care Support Foundation (FCSF).
GABB members donated the items at the association’s annual holiday dinner on Dec. 6.
FCSF serves a vital and growing need throughout Georgia by providing free clothing, infant equipment and developmental toys to thousands of children in foster and relative care. The foundation serves basic-care (costs reimbursed less than $25 per day) foster children residing in Georgia’s foster homes, administered by the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) and children housed by private agencies.
The foundation also serves grandparents raising grandchildren and parents caring for relative’s children for a limited time. The group partners with Georgia’s DFCS for child referral, verification, foster parent recruiting, and foster parent training. The Foster Care Support Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
The FCSF needs in-kind goods of new, like new and gently used items such as:
- Clothing sizes preemie to adult, especially boys pants and shoes
- Toys in excellent condition, if not new. (see below for specific needs)
- Safe and clean infant care equipment.
These are crucial to maintaining a clean safe and nurturing environment for the children.
- Batteries – AA, AAA, C, D, 9 volt
- Ball pumps
- Chalk board erasers
- Washable ink stamp pads
- Plastic containers with lids approximately 14″ L x 8″ W x 6″ D
- Heavy plastic bags that held comforters, blankets, sheets, etc.
- Bike Helmets
Infant Toddler Toys
- Crib and Stroller Attachables
- Shape Sorters
- Pop Pop Push toys
- Pull toys
- Electronic learning toys
- Toddler ride-ons
- Soft baby Books
- Plush for 2 and under-no eyes that can be bitten off
- Bath tub toys
- Board Books for ages 2 and under
- General toys for ages 0 – 3 years
General Toys (please make sure all parts and pieces are included)
- Puzzles 100 – 500 (please make sure the picture of the puzzle is of interest to the appropriate age)
- DVD’s rated G, PG or PG-13
- Board games and card games for ages 8-12
Toys for Girls
- Tea sets
- 18 – 22 inch dolls for girls ages 8 and up (American girl, Battat & accessories, Caucasian and African American)
- Doll blankets, bottles, strollers and high chairs
- Play makeup and jewelry sets
- Easy Bake oven and accessories
- Legos for girls age 4 and up
- Hula Hoops
Toys for Boys
- Boys Small train sets 3-5
- Crafts for boys ages 6 and up
- K’nex and Legos building sets for all ages
- Remote control cars for ages 7 and up (small to medium size)
- Nerf guns
- Hot Wheels/Matchbox racing sets (not just cars)
- Action figures – men not women
- Model car kits
- Science kits
- Balls – basket, football (all sizes), soccer (size 3)
- Lip gloss
- Nail polish
- Bath and body sets
- Makeup sets
- Shampoo, cream rinse
- Body wash
- Billfolds for boys
- Electronic games
- Playing cards
Items not needed can be sold at the Fostering Hope Bargain Resale Shop(open to the public) to help support our program costs for 3000 children each year.