A Message From The President Of GABB
I hope you’ve been well and that you’re staying healthy.
COVID-19 is really impacting us all, I hope that you and your family are safe and well supported during these most unusual times.
For people that have been considering buying or selling a business, it looks like the stars are lining up, interest rates are low, the government will be putting extra efforts into economic stimulus. Gas prices are very low, people will have more money to spend in local businesses. The list goes on, if you have been waiting for the right time, that time is now. It takes months to close a deal. When the virus is history, businesses will begin to flourish again!
Dean Burnette, former GABB President
Georgia COVID-19 hotline: 844-442-2681
The State of Georgia has a new COVID-19 hotline. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor, an urgent care clinic, or your local federally qualified healthcare center. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.
Resources for Georgia Businesses and Business Brokers
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program
- Recording of GABB April 7 meeting
- Steps for getting through a closing during social distancing.
- Temporary Electronic Notaries.
- How to Survive and Thrive During the Crisis
- GABB Meeting to Discuss COVID-19 Loans
- Paycheck Protection Program: An SBA loan program to help businesses keep their workforce employed during the COVID-19 crisis
- How Business Brokers can survive the economic downturn. Panel discussion with experts and Business Brokerage Press.
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation program. Georgia Department of Labor details how the self-employed may apply for federal pandemic unemployment benefits.
Click on the links below to be taken to web pages from these agencies that are specifically related to COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Office of Georgia Governor Brian P. Kemp
- COVID-19 Daily Status Report for Georgia
- County Record Office Closures – American Land Title Association (ALTA)
- National Association of REALTORS® Coronavirus Guide for REALTORS®
- NAR Families First Coronavirus Response Act – NAR Update
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (The Fed)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Nelnet (Student Loans)
- VA Home Loan Program
- Online MBA Programs
- Peer2Peer Warm Line – 888-945-1414 – A free service provided by the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network that features 24/7 support for individuals experiencing chronic or acute behavioral health challenges – including depression, anxiety, and trauma.
- Suicide Prevention Guide – Diverse resource guide that provides over 40 different suicide prevention resources.
- Detox Local – More than 100 online addiction recovery resources to support and improve your state of mind during (and after) COVID-19.
- How Small Business Owners Can Care For Their Mental Health – Actionable guide by the Hartford to managing mental health during COVID-19.